F S Herron Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
F S Herron Ltd may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01st July 2020 in line with The EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”)
At F S Herron, we want you to know that when you use our organisation you can trust us with your information. We are determined not to do anything that would infringe your rights or undermine your trust
This Privacy Notice describes the information we collect about you, how it is used and shared, and your rights regarding it.
The vast majority of the information that we hold about you is provided to us by yourself when you seek to use our services. We will tell you why we need the information and how we will use it.
We only ask you to provide personal data when we have a good reason.
Information that we collect
We may collect the following personal information:
- Name and address
- Telephone and fax numbers
- Email addresses
- Bank account details
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process orders from you for goods and services.
- To administer and manage our relationship with you, including to set up and maintain your customer account.
- To deal with enquiries we receive from you.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules.
- To notify you of changes to what we do.
- To make checks with credit reference agencies from time to time (for example when you are a new customer to ourselves)
- For the purposes of recovery of debt in case of non-payment.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Sharing of Data
We share your information with our preferred suppliers, and if applicable to lawyers and collection agencies where, for our proper legitimate purposes, we have the need to pursue you for any unpaid monies due.
We may also share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as our Subcontractors, Suppliers, Customers, Insurance Brokers, Marketing Platforms or Credit References Agencies. In each case within the European Economic Area and the UK.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is stored your browser and returns information about how you are using the site to the website you are visiting. Some cookies are essential for a website to run correctly (e.g. buttons pressed, pages visited, log-in, shopping baskets and check in) and some cookies are used for tracking.
If you would like to opt-out of the cookies set on this website you can usually modify your web browser to do so. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We cannot guarantee the operation of our website when necessary cookies are disabled. Therefore if you do not give your consent to the use of the cookies detailed above, we suggest that you do not use the services of this website.
Controlling your personal information
We never share customer information entered in the forms on the contact and sales pages with any third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
We may share information collected during promotions or competitions. In these cases we will clearly state if information may be shared and who it will be shared with. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to F S Herron Ltd, 4-6 Backaderry Road, Leitrim, BT31 9SL.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.